Have you noticed a decrease in productivity around the office lately?
Productivity in the workplace may be affected by several different factors. This is the time of year that warmer weather entices lower productivity inside. Enhancing this productivity is crucial to the growth of your business. It’s also crucial to keeping employees happy (as long as you do it the right way). Don’t allow your employees to get bored of the same thing over and over. The goal is to improve productivity that they want to take part in.
Here are 5 things you can do to improve productivity in the workplace:
- Allow for quick 5-10 minute breaks. This provides employees with clarity, especially when working on a large task. It allows them to step away from the task and their desk and gain some inspiration.
- Daily huddle and check in with employees. Meet with your employees often. Set clear goals and give some inspiration and motivation during this time.
- Set aside a “power hour” on your calendar. A power hour is one hour to get stuff done. Don’t allow yourself to get distracted during this time, and try your best to get rid of any distracting technology (goodbye, cell phone). Don’t allow anyone to interrupt you during this time as you focus on the task at hand.
- Don’t allow email to become a distraction. Do you allow that little red (1) next to your email to distract you? It’s easy to constantly check email and ensure we never have something that needs to be read, but this can be horribly distracting for you. Set aside certain times that you will check email and don’t even look at it outside of those times.
- Stay away from those pointless meetings. Before setting up a meeting, figure out if it really needs to be a meeting. Is it something that can be sent via email or other work communication tools? If so, utilize everyone’s time wisely and don’t schedule the meeting.
Taking these simple steps will allow you and your employees to get more done in less time. Just remember that employees are looking at leadership to inspire and set the example. Check in with yourself to ensure you are providing a productive workplace for your employees.
Have any other productivity tips that worked well for you? We’d love to hear about them! Budda Baker Womens Jersey